I decided to post an excerpt from an e-mail I wrote to a friend to illustrate some of the things I've been inspired by this week/month/year:
I honestly believe that I was given a spiritual gift of believing. I recognize truth and seem to instantly accept it. Of course as time goes on my understanding of it increases. I consider myself blessed for that. As it says in D&C 46:11-26 "to every man is given a gift by the Spirit of God." We all have different gifts--physical and spiritual--that are revealed to us throughout our life. Everything happens as it does for a reason. Your spiritual experiences are perfectly tailored for your specific needs. It's becoming more apparent to me just how important it is to do those fundamental things (read your scriptures, pray, go to church each week) to keep the tendrils of apathy from wrapping around our souls. I have been doing less and less of those basics over the past 2 years and I've been on a steady decline. If you can believe it, I haven't been to church in months! As I was searching for the scripture above, another highlighted scripture popped out at me: D&C 10:5 "Pray always, that you may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work." Even though I still know that the church is true, the apathy has been setting in. I need to renew my efforts and do my part to keep the shadows at bay.
I honestly believe that I was given a spiritual gift of believing. I recognize truth and seem to instantly accept it. Of course as time goes on my understanding of it increases. I consider myself blessed for that. As it says in D&C 46:11-26 "to every man is given a gift by the Spirit of God." We all have different gifts--physical and spiritual--that are revealed to us throughout our life. Everything happens as it does for a reason. Your spiritual experiences are perfectly tailored for your specific needs. It's becoming more apparent to me just how important it is to do those fundamental things (read your scriptures, pray, go to church each week) to keep the tendrils of apathy from wrapping around our souls. I have been doing less and less of those basics over the past 2 years and I've been on a steady decline. If you can believe it, I haven't been to church in months! As I was searching for the scripture above, another highlighted scripture popped out at me: D&C 10:5 "Pray always, that you may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work." Even though I still know that the church is true, the apathy has been setting in. I need to renew my efforts and do my part to keep the shadows at bay.
No comments:
Post a Comment